We will largely play in the rain. Often we have to wait for a decision from Parks and Rec regarding field usability. We never want to use a field that might be damaged from usage during wet conditions.
THUNDER + LIGHTNING
When lightning strikes we will clear the fields and wait for the weather to pass. If we get 30 minutes between lightning strikes, teams can resume play. The 30-minute clock restarts every time lightning flashes or thunder sounds.
SNOW + COLD
We do not play with measurable snow on the ground (or frost).
- Increase surveillance with self and buddy checks
- Wear appropriate layers and wind protection for the play location
- Cover exposed flesh if possible
- Avoid sweating.
- Limit outdoor training duration to 2 hours
- Recommended play/ warming cycle: 50 minutes play/10 minutes warming
- Mandatory buddy checks every 20–30 minutes
- Sleeves and pants/tights available
- Hats and gloves/mittens recommended
- Avoid sweating
- Limit outdoor training duration to 90 minutes
Below 10 Degrees
- Suspend all outdoor club activities
If the smoke index rises to 150 or higher, all soccer events will be canceled. We use www.airnow.gov to monitor air quality.