The mission of the Missoula Surf Soccer Club is to follow the Surf tradition of creating a “Best of the Best” soccer environment for all players, parents and coaches in western Montana. We strive to foster a strong sense of leadership, confidence and teamwork for our youth soccer players.
- Missoula Surf allows for like-minded and like-ability players seeking a positive environment to grow as a player and a person.
- We strive to provide a safe and healthy learning environment to foster a life-long love of soccer.
- Training focused on skills, strategy, tactics, teamwork and sportsmanship using the proven Surf programs and methodologies.
- Our premier teams aim to achieve as a team and seek out more playing opportunities against the highest level competition throughout the west.
- We offer competitive teams for boys and girls ages U9-U19.
What Sets Missoula Surf Apart?
We instill a positive culture through every aspect of our club and truly believe that every new member is now part of our family. Our players have as much fun off the field as they do on the field. We have many off-field team based and club wide events throughout the year to strengthen our community. We believe in supporting each other, our community, and giving back.
Surf provide opportunities that traditionally were only available to huge clubs in bigger cities and we are excited to be able to provide those playing experiences to the Missoula community (guest player opportunities, premier leagues, Surf Cup, international trips, Surf Select regional and national teams, etc).
“We teach the skills of the game as well as HOW to play the game.”
Missoula Surf is an affiliate of the highly successful San Diego Surf Soccer Club. We focus on consistent player development at all levels of play, providing a pathway for all players to achieve a meaningful soccer experience, by utilizing the renowned San Diego Surf curriculum.
Surf clubs are visible and recognizable as we travel the state, the region, and throughout the country. Surf players show a sense of pride every time they put on the jersey and there is an instant sense of community among all Surf teams and clubs. We are all part of the same soccer family.
- We teach the fundamental skills of soccer AND advanced team play from the start.
- Players need individual skills to hold the ball and pass/shoot, but must also learn the accompanying positioning, strategy, and formation to be successful on the field. We make sure that players know how to play the game in addition to the skills to play the game.
- Surf Select Program gathers the best players from all 50+ Surf clubs for a series of regional, national, and international experiences
- Regional and National team options
- Players are recognized/identified at regional + national events
- Surf provide big city opportunities for small town clubs via the Surf Nation guest player portal
- Play in showcase events in front college coaches
- Provide year round training opportunities
- More opportunities for games and tournaments
- Player pathway from Surf Juniors to College (U8-U19)
- We use VEO2 cameras to provide video analysis and individual highlights for all players and teams.
- All Surf clubs have access to a vast network of shared resources, knowledge, staff, training curriculum, etc.
Even though we are new to Missoula, we are not a new club. The first Surf soccer club was established in San Diego in 1977. The Surf is the largest, nationally recognized soccer club in the United States with 42 Surf clubs across the country and growing.
Surf Soccer Club has produced 11 National Championships, 29 Regional Champions, over 74 State Champions, hundreds of college scholarship athletes, over 157+ National team players and multiple MLS and professional players.
The training received at Surf Soccer Club, as well as a commitment to the development of the player leads to success at the highest level. Exposure to hundreds of college coaches at Surf Cup and College Cup gives Surf Soccer Club players the best chance to find a scholarship pathway to college.
Benefits of Joining Surf Nation:
- Shared resources throughout an extensive, national soccer community
- Webinars/clinics with professional coaches from all over the world
- Access to elite tournaments and leagues
- Surf Select Program including a series of regional, national & international experiences exclusively for Surf Nation athletes
- Coaching Manual subscription and access to Surf curriculum for all coaches in Surf Nation
- Admin support and club registration provided by Elite Soccer club management software